Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Ten Bells


After reading Eric Asimov’s positive review of The Ten Bells near the Williamsburg Bridge in Manhattan’s Lower East Side, I managed to stop by in the early evening for a few glasses of wine and a tapas plate. I wasn’t disappointed.

The open front, exposed brick walls, and tin ceilings create a cozy and intimate atmosphere with a warm glow. The central horseshoe-shaped white marble bar is framed by stools and counters on both sides with high tables and stools in the rear section.

The menu and wine list is up on chalkboards, but I got my recommendation from the bartender/manager who paired my wine perfectly with a spicy chorizo picante dish. The dishes are reasonably priced, to name a few: Prosciutto & goat cheese cigar $2 each, a Special Oyster Happy Hour every day from opening to 7.00 p.m at $1 each, and Duet of Salmon Tartar with Black Caviar $9. The reds by the glass range from $6-10, whites $7-11.

I will go back for sure next chance I get, the oyster dishes looked delicious, and the two red wines I tried were very good. As If that’s not enough, it's an organic wine bar, with 15 all-natural, biodynamic and sustainable wines by the glass and 50 more by the bottle.

No comments: