Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Rocca delle Macie Rubizzo Sangiovese di Toscana 2006 IGT tasting notes


©photo by Dave Trieger
This dry red wine from Rocca delle Macie is made from 95% sangiovese and 5% merlot grapes from Chianti Colli Senesi. I remember the region from my trip... the soil was turned after the harvest and was very chalky. Wine has a ruby red color, intense nose (reminds me of an Amarone) from what must be really ripe grapes... palate has sour cherry, berries, even a slight orange zest. Paired nicely with an Organic Blue Cheese from Union Square Market. Also will pair well with pastas and spicy foods. I believe this one was $11. Found this one at The Wine Room in Forest Hills.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent! The 5% Merlot is what probably put this over the top as the smoothest full bodied Sangiovese I have ever had.
Stonsalina in Virginia