Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Coltibuono Chianti Classico 2005 DOCG tasting notes



©2008 photo by dave trieger

This dry red Chianti Classico is a cooperative effort from a few different local producers in Gaiole In Chianti. The vinification process is done separately by each of the producers, and then aged in French oak barriques, then followed by further aging in the bottle. Right now I'm letting it decant for a few hours. Ok, I'm back... the first I thing noticed on the nose was a waft of a deep woodsy aroma, and plum. The color is a deep ruby/cranberry and is a medium weight: on the palate there is sour cherry, leather, and tobacco. This one is around $19.

3 comments:

rob penner said...

Dave,

Congrats! It's totally appropriate that you blog it up with your wine passion. Tuscany did it for me as well, my friend. We have many more nights to taste the grapes of Italy together.

rob

Anonymous said...

Hey man! Keith from In Vino here. Thanks for the props on the link list. I really dig the blog.Can't wait to here what you have to say about the 04 Avognesi. What a great year for Tuscany! Welcome to the blog-o-sphere. We are the ones giving to wine truths to the people. Wine Bloggers unite!

EvWg

Anonymous said...

I had that wine at home yesterday Jan. 27 it was smooth. Would buy it again.